It was a thrill of a lifetime to have Mr. Michael E. Gerber on my podcast. During the course of our discussion, Michael touches on so many important topics related to the journey of all entrepreneurs. We talk about Michael’s own awakening. How he went from running away from his gifts and talents to utilizing them to live in and for his true calling. We discuss the power of entrepreneurship, how its changed and evolved over time, how to discover your true entrepreneurial spirit within, the power of franchising systems when done right, and much much more. Mr. Gerber is a very well known author, speaker, coach, small business guru, and the king of “systems” and “systems implementation” to help make small businesses efficient, effective and practical. He is widely known for his best selling E-myth books that are like bibles to small businesses and their owners. I could go on and on as Mr. Gerber has done so many wonderful and incredible things on his journey, but instead I will let you listen in below to the man himself.
Action Tips & Interesting Thoughts:
- Most entrepreneurs are technicians suffering from an entrepreneurial seizure.
- Don’t let where you start dictate where you go. Make your own future in your own vision.
- Creating a selling system is key to entrepreneurial success.
- It’s never to late to go after your dreams. Michael was 41 when he wrote E-myth.
- Safe is the enemy of creative.
- Faulty assumption: that most small business owners understand business.
- Michael walked into McDonald’s one day to buy a hamburger, and walked out with a vision for E-Myth.
- True dreamers have no inclination to pursue a personal dream but rather an impersonal dream. It is not about me. It is about them.
- True entrepreneurs exist with a condition that is stuck outside of them.
- Humans are born with the natural ability to create. But we are not born with the skills of entrepreneurship.
- Creativity creates conflict with the powers that be. It creates confusion. Creativity creates disorder, and that is what is so extraordinary about it. And that is why it is killed in most of us from the beginning.
- Passion is developed more than it is discovered.
- Becoming excellent at something can develop passion.
- If you are too entrepreneurial, franchising may NOT be right for you.
- Fear of failure drives people away from what they were meant to do.
- The Dreaming Room™ is an exciting project that Michael is working on. It is an incubator to awaken the entrepreneurial personality to the point where they are absolutely clear on 4 things: 1) The Dreamer; 2) The Thinker; 3) The Storyteller; and 4) The Leader.
To learn more about Michael E. Gerber and his incredible Companies, including The Dreaming Room™, please go to: http://www.michaelegerbercompanies.com.
If you would like to get in touch with Michael, you can email him directly at: Michael@MichaelEGerber.com.
15 thoughts on “Michael E. Gerber: E-Myth Creator & Founder, Entrepreneurial Guru & Visionary”
Man, the golden nuggets that Michael always provides is awesome.
This is a great, great show!
He is so passionate about entrepreneurship, but is quick to make sure people know that it is not for everyone. And he has really helped me understand how to make it through successfully!
Totally agree! the amazing thing is, I learn something new each time I read his books and each time I listen to this interview. Love the psychology of the entrepreneur that he speaks of
Always about the entrepreneur designing the system, helping others to build it, and letting others operate it. Great interview Josh.
thanks, Scott! I completely agree. Yet often times find it surprisingly difficult to design the right system. It all sounds so simple, but can be quite difficult to implement
Wow, congrats on the new baby! And WOW what a great guest. I love the psychology aspect of the show. Great stuff!
Safe is the enemy of creative <=so briliant. Going to post this on my wall to see daily. Thanks Josh for an inspiring must-listen to interview!
I loved that quote as well! Thanks for tuning in, commenting and posting to your wall!! You can tell that Michael has completely internalized everything he spokes of and believes it to the core. That in and of itself is powerful and engaging
I really loved the psychology aspect as well. I had no idea we were going to go so deep into it, but I loved it. Just tried to go with the flow. Michael appreciated it as well, and we are going to be scheduling a follow up show before the end of year for him to come and talk exclusively about The Dreaming Room he has developed. Can’t wait for that……
Oooh, nice! Looking forward to that!
Josh, first congrats on Naomi’s grand entrance into your family and the world! Second, wowowowowowowowow! I think my favorite part from this is that Michael, then focused on framing houses said, “I didn’t know anything about business.” This from the creator of the entrepreneurial Bible. Seriously. If that doesn’t encourage people to just start and go for it, I don’t know what will. This was great, Josh and Michael! 🙂
Thanks, Amber! Isn’t that incredible that he knew nothing about business!? But he is super curious, intuitive and was quickly able to figure out what small business owners were missing and most importantly what their businesses were missing. thanks for tuning in!