I am really excited for this episode, as we have Dan Miller here to talk about the importance of knowing who you are, what you are capable of, what your strengths/weaknesses are, and what your dreams are BEFORE you buy a franchise or other small business.
Dan Miller is President of 48 Days, LLC, and specializes in creative thinking for increased personal and business success. He believes that meaningful work blends our natural skills and abilities, our unique personality traits and our dreams and passions. More specifically, Dan is active in helping individuals redirect careers, evaluate new income sources, and achieve balanced living. Dan is the author of the widely acclaimed 48 Days to the Work You Love and No More Mondays. I could probably go on and on with just Dan’s accolades, but I will stop at this point and simply welcome him to the show.
- Don’t let where you start dictate where you go. Make your own future in your own vision.
- Reading books can help change the trajectory of your life.
- It’s never to late to go after your dreams. Dan was 58 years old when he wrote the New York Times best seller, 48 Days to the Work You Love.
- One way to differentiate yourself and your business is to go against the grain.
- Recipe to finding work that is meaningful: 85% looking inward; 15% application.
- Don’t let work or your struggles define you. These are merely pieces of a bigger pie.
- Passion is developed more than it is discovered.
- Becoming excellent at something can develop Passion.
- Always ask yourself what you are prepared to do at this stage in your life.
- Don’t just focus on the learning; focus on the application as well.
- If you are too entrepreneurial, franchising may NOT be right for you.
- You never get over the fear of failure.
To learn more about Dan Miller and his incredible 48 Days Community, please go to: 48days.com or 48days.net.
You can purchase Dan’s newest book: Wisdom Meets Passion at: http://www.48days.com/wisdommeetspassion/
Please check out Dan & his great community at: 48days.com & 48days.net
4 thoughts on “Dan Miller- 48 Days |The importance of understanding your own unique attributes, desires, passions, and skills BEFORE you buy a franchise.”
I can’t agree more that passion is developed more than discovered. It’s a process of self-discovery, not an instant realization. Great interview with a very cool guy. Thank you!
Thanks for listening & the comment, Paul! that is such a key point because so many people wait to find their passion before they act instead of acting to find the passion
I was glad to hear Dan share that the process of finding your passion is 85% looking at yourself. I have spent a lot of time doing this and he confirmed I went through the right process. I only wish I knew about podcasts like yours Josh when I was doing the 85% work – the process would have been much more engaging and efficient. Your content is so valuable to anyone looking to start something new. Thanks!
Thanks for the comment, Sara! Dan has an uncanny ability to breakdown difficult concepts so they make perfect sense. His podcast is also a “must listen.” Thank you for your continued support!!