I am really excited for this episode, as we have Dan Miller here to talk about the importance of knowing who you are, what you are capable of, what your strengths/weaknesses are, and what your dreams are BEFORE you buy a franchise or other small business.
Dan Miller is President of 48 Days, LLC, and specializes in creative thinking for increased personal and business success. He believes that meaningful work blends our natural skills and abilities, our unique personality traits and our dreams and passions. More specifically, Dan is active in helping individuals redirect careers, evaluate new income sources, and achieve balanced living. Dan is the author of the widely acclaimed 48 Days to the Work You Love and No More Mondays. I could probably go on and on with just Dan’s accolades, but I will stop at this point and simply welcome him to the show.
- Don’t let where you start dictate where you go. Make your own future in your own vision.
- Reading books can help change the trajectory of your life.
- It’s never to late to go after your dreams. Dan was 58 years old when he wrote the New York Times best seller, 48 Days to the Work You Love.
- One way to differentiate yourself and your business is to go against the grain.
- Recipe to finding work that is meaningful: 85% looking inward; 15% application.
- Don’t let work or your struggles define you. These are merely pieces of a bigger pie.
- Passion is developed more than it is discovered.
- Becoming excellent at something can develop Passion.
- Always ask yourself what you are prepared to do at this stage in your life.
- Don’t just focus on the learning; focus on the application as well.
- If you are too entrepreneurial, franchising may NOT be right for you.
- You never get over the fear of failure.
You can purchase Dan’s newest book: Wisdom Meets Passion at: http://www.48days.com/wisdommeetspassion/
Please check out Dan & his great community at: 48days.com & 48days.net