A year ago I had the awesome pleasure of recording one of my all-time favorite interviews. I am talking about the incredible Michael Gerber. Today I am sharing this amazing interview with you again. Listen for the first time or listen again because Michael Gerber will get you on the right path for success in 2015. Enjoy!
It was a thrill of a lifetime to have Mr. Michael E. Gerber on my podcast. During the course of our discussion, Michael touches on so many important topics related to the journey of all entrepreneurs. We talk about Michael’s own awakening. How he went from running away from his gifts and talents to utilizing them to live in and for his true calling. We discuss the power of entrepreneurship, how its changed and evolved over time, how to discover your true entrepreneurial spirit within, the power of franchising systems when done right, and much much more. Mr. Gerber is a very well known author, speaker, coach, small business guru, and the king of “systems” and “systems implementation” to help make small businesses efficient, effective and practical. He is widely known for his best selling E-myth books that are like bibles to small businesses and their owners. I could go on and on as Mr. Gerber has done so many wonderful and incredible things on his journey, but instead I will let you listen in below to the man himself.
Action Tips & Interesting Thoughts:
- Most entrepreneurs are technicians suffering from an entrepreneurial seizure.
- Don’t let where you start dictate where you go. Make your own future in your own vision.
- Creating a selling system is key to entrepreneurial success.
- It’s never to late to go after your dreams. Michael was 41 when he wrote E-myth.
- Safe is the enemy of creative.
- Faulty assumption: that most small business owners understand business.
- Michael walked into McDonald’s one day to buy a hamburger, and walked out with a vision for E-Myth.
- True dreamers have no inclination to pursue a personal dream but rather an impersonal dream. It is not about me. It is about them.
- True entrepreneurs exist with a condition that is stuck outside of them.
- Humans are born with the natural ability to create. But we are not born with the skills of entrepreneurship.
- Creativity creates conflict with the powers that be. It creates confusion. Creativity creates disorder, and that is what is so extraordinary about it. And that is why it is killed in most of us from the beginning.
- Passion is developed more than it is discovered.
- Becoming excellent at something can develop passion.
- If you are too entrepreneurial, franchising may NOT be right for you.
- Fear of failure drives people away from what they were meant to do.
- The Dreaming Room™ is an exciting project that Michael is working on. It is an incubator to awaken the entrepreneurial personality to the point where they are absolutely clear on 4 things: 1) The Dreamer; 2) The Thinker; 3) The Storyteller; and 4) The Leader.
To learn more about Michael E. Gerber and his incredible Companies, including The Dreaming Room™, please go to: http://www.michaelegerbercompanies.com.
If you would like to get in touch with Michael, you can email him directly at: Michael@MichaelEGerber.com.
iTunes: Franchise Euphoria Podcast